Our biggest issue for the project was using premiere pro as at first the video took 5 hours to render and ended up not being playable, we are still unsure what happened, I then had to edit the video together once again due to premiere pro crashing, finally on my third attempt at editing the video everything went smoothly and the video rendered in about 15 minutes. Unfortunately I did not realize i forgot to add in 1 clip we had recorded that showed off the site i made to re-create a longfrom scrollytelling site, as well as that i must have also added in the wrong size title card before one of the clips as it did not fit the screen properly. Due to the 5 minute time constraint we also had to cut out a large part of one of our more entertaining , longer clips and had to cut 1 clip entirely about vlogging.
I also feel we could have better represented our survey monkey results but again we had to cut most it because of time constraints . The 3 second image on screen with the very small text did not properly show off what we actually did for our project and this is our overall feeling for our presentation, that while it was good , it did not get enough of our research and what we actually did for the project across properly.
In hindsight , i wish we had used some of the transitions available on premier pro, but we also felt that this would make the video itself feel like the focus rather than the information and project work. We also didn't do as much audio editing as we should have as when the video was played on the projector the audio quality became significantly worse. I had the audio working at a semi passable state when i edited the video for the second time but must have forgot the fix it again after the program crashed. We also recorded all video and audio on our cameras meaning we weren't sure how we could edit the audio from the video clips. We also stayed late on campus hoping it would be quiet enough to record our clips and slightly improve the audio quality of the video. unfortunately this did not happen and each clip had to be rerecorded at least 5 times or in the case of our newsletters clip , had to be re- done 12 times.
Overall this was probably the most difficult of our intro to digital media projects but it was probably the most enjoyable to do as we had to use practical skills rather than looking up information and paraphrasing into a powerpoint.
Clips that were meant to be in the final presentation - https://photos.app.goo.gl/BtePwRSMve8hXZX8A